Saturday, October 3, 2009

ANT DANCE

This was caused totally by the Lyns. When in Port Douglas we were all looking at some Aboriginal art, some that was very good, but mostly the mass produced rubbish that is for sale all over the country. You know, paint by numbers and put a four figure price on it. I mentioned at one gallery that I wouldn't mind doing a "Dot" painting, but something totally different from the "women collection bush tomatoes at the creek with the turtle and croc feeding in the kangaroo corpse" you get the pic LOL. So here's ANT DANCE. It is a dot painting, each ant body is made up of dots and with dot eyes. Every ant is an individual. Why ants ? well the day I decided to start this painting Miss Guided was invaded by the little buggers, so that was the omen. LOL Hope you like it.

4 comments:

BJP said...

I really like that one. Lucky actually, if I didn't there was the obvious sarcastic line open...... fANTastic! (see I got it in anyway). I still think Hope is the best so far, but this might be close to second on my list.

BJP said...

By the way... House officially went on the market today, and am off in Thailand for the next two weeks looking at property options there. Planning to rent for at least a year before making a final decision if I will stay. I hope it is still there and I dont end up wearing a tsunami on the side of the worlds newest volcano!

DA said...

have fun in Thailand, what r u doing with the 32?

BJP said...

Did some research on taking it, but the roads are not great there, no race tracks to drive on, and registration etc is not straight forward. I am talking to someone there about it next week, but most likely it will be up for sale. I have had so much fun with it in such a short time that I won't enjoy selling it!