Thursday, May 6, 2010






Here's one for Hans and Bruce

Remember those great rides down along the coast ending up at the Portsea Pub? well it's still there LOL. Yesterday we decided that we needed to get out of town a little and go have lunch, so the obvious place was a drive along the coast to the Portsea Pub. If you know the pub you can see from the pic that it has continued to grow but in essence it remains the same place. Now it wasn't the "packed to the rafters" place we remember from the bike days and the fact that the temp was a balmy 14 might have had something to do with that LOL. I have forgotten just how quiet Portsea is in winter, no shops open apart from the Dive shop and one bakery, but it is still a wonderful relaxing place to go.

The house saga continues and Saturday is rapidly approaching and the good news is the continuous bed making and cleaning is about to stop LOL. We had our last "Show and tell" last night and it was very quiet, again the 10 degree temp and rain might have had a tad to do with it.

8 comments:

BJP said...

A nice drive maybe, but I somehow imagine that getting there in RT was not quite as much fun as it used to be on a collection of Katanas. On a 14 degree day though, I bet the nice soft seats and air conditioned car was just slightly more comfortable.

BJP said...

Good luck for Saturday by the way. May the the idiot yuppies with more money than sense be out in force, and the ebay inspired "win the auction" mentality well entrenched.

Hans said...

Yes Bruce, may more comfortable in the RT but you miss the smell from the sewerage farm in Werribee when driving past and walking the streets in Apollo Bay or somewhere down there early in the morning to search for DAs keys LOL LOL LOL. But it was great fun

DA said...

As always hans, your sense of direction leaves a little to be desired. I dont ever think we went via Werribee to get to portsea, but from someone who lost the You Yangs (mountain range outside of Melbourne) nothing would surprise me LOL LOL LOL

Hans said...

In my defense, its not my fault when the "mountains* in Australia are so small that not even *HEIDI* would would find them. But we saw a lot of things and I found Bacchus March where I never expected it LOL LOL

BJP said...

I am guessing there was a 'cottage' somewhere in Werribee. If there is, I'm sure Hans would have found a way to go to Portsea via Werribee (and Keilor, Packenham, and even Broadmeadows if he was in a rough trade state of mind).

Hans said...

Just realized, mixed up Portsea with Portland. No big deal, just a few 100 ks. But then the first time I saw the Matterhorn was in LA and I hardly knew that the original stands in Switzerland LOL LOL

DA said...

Portsea with portland, I rest my case LOL LOL LOL