Tuesday, September 1, 2009

So it's not from the mine here, but ................. it's dam pretty anyway. This is one of the Argule Blues that went on sale last March at a private tender sale in India, my invitation must have got lost in the mail LOL. I am led to believe it is among the most expensive diamonds in the world and it's only a little one.
Yesterday we did the Riversleigh Fossil lab tour and that was great. We got to see all sorts of critters that roamed around here 30 millions years ago. Not quite a hands on experience but the next best thing. We were in the lab looking into the acid vats as the limestone was being eaten away to reveal a turtles, snakes and crocs as well.
We head out of here tomorrow (thank God) it rates up there with Port Hedland as a place to only do an overnighter in LOL. Heading towards Three Ways or Tennant Creek but probably will freepark somewhere along the way so will be out of contact for at least 24 hours.

2 comments:

BJP said...

Hang on. I had one of those in the cupboard somewhere. I had to put it in the cupboard because it was too big to fit in the drawer. I will let you know if I can find it.

DA said...

oh I wish that was true LOL