Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Taj and beyond

I'm sorry I am Sorry I'm having all sorts of trouble getting my Taj mahal picpics through and this infernal windows cra- is really giving me the hebby gebbies but I will try and get something up.

We arrived in Agra after a 3 hour drive from Agra which was pretty uneventful because it was freeway most of the way. Decent roads did disappear about 10klms from town and from that point on Ron was a nervous wreck lol. What's wrong with driving on the wrong side of the road either side of us, plus a million and one scooters, the odd person and lots of cows and camels - hey happens all the time lol.

We checked into the most beautiful hotel and the view from our room was amazing.
We opened the door and wham

There it was in all its glory, simply astonishing.

Of course there are 100s of pics, we went for the first visit that afternoon and then returned at 5.45AM, yes I know we don't do mornings but we were assured that it was worth it and it was, but you will all have to come visit for all those pics lol. There was of course the silly pic -

Yes poor Ron has been given the job of silly pics for some of the trip but I can assure you that if you ever get to see his pics I am featured in equally embarrassing positions.

We then headed for Jaipur which was a 5 hour drive on more challenging roads and our first introduction to real Rajasthan. The "Pink" city is wonderful, there are 11 palaces and 9 forts and the boss man still lives in one of the palaces. We on the other hand have checked into the one he doesn't live in anymore and it is breath takingly beautiful. I,m having trouble with thick castle walls so you will have to wait until next update for palace pics. We did a tour today of the old town which in 9 klms square and very well planned, if you take out 99% of the traffic it would be almost calm lol. Included in todays excursion was the Elephant walk

Queens viewing quarters - Hans no comment lol

and up we go,

 running out of free time more tomorrow.



3 comments:

Hans said...

OK no comments as you say, but I`m glad you found your home and I`m sure you will enjoy the queens palace with all the slaves and servants that will treat your body in any way you like, just like a proper queen gets "done"

Hans said...

How was the elephant ride ? I mean it must be the first time for you to sit on such a big thing .....

Unknown said...

Having trouble with that Windows stuff...... That same windows stuff you had to use in Thailand because that Rotten Apple stuff wouldn't work. :-) Maybe try Blackberry??