Friday, September 20, 2013

Namaste from Delhi

After yet another long day involving airports we have finally arrived  -Inda.

We said our farewells to Bruce and headed off onto the MAS flight for KL. What a difference a terminal can make lol, the new terminal at KL is great, lots of modern conveniences and plenty of shopping. Unfortunately Ron was not feeling great when we left Phuket and things just got worse as the day went on with him becoming quite ill on the flight to Delhi, although in his defence he was not the only ill person on board as it was a very rough flight and even the flight attendants went for seats at times.

The hotel is great, sort of old worldy elegant. Huge pool, great cafes, amazing staff and a very good room with a Delhi green view lol, out over the embassies and affluent part of town which is a fab area. Ron has layed low today so I hit the road. First off found a taxi, drivers name is vanti, cute 30ish and very pleasant. He drove me round to cannaught place where I organised a new sim for my phone $15 for 5gig of data and hundreds of rupees of phone calls, Vanti waited for me and then it was off to some speaker shopping and then onto Kwan market and all up I had him for 3 hours and it was the princely sum of $5.

This afternoon hit the pool for an hour for some laps and then it was back to the market this time on foot. I have to say I love Delhi, yes there was a coup,e of times when yuk tuk drivers tried to stop me but overall I felt very safe and free to move around. The market is amazing, first up is dettol hand sanitizer by the bucket lol the food shops leave much to be desire re hygiene but the shops are great and I came home with a Bose Bluetooth speaker for the beach club parties - good sound at last.

Tomorrow the tour proper starts but tonight we are booked into the worlds best Indian restaurant called "spice route" and is at the Imperial hotel which is a famous art deco hotel, more on that and hopefully pics tomorrow.

No comments: