Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A split up day

We decided to go our separate ways with Ron heading off to swing in the trees and unfortunately there are no pics of this momentous event as its hard to take pics and hold on for dear life,  but there is a Go Pro film of all the leaping and flying at the tree tops.

I believe there is something like 14 flying fox stretches ranging in distance from 50 mtrs to several 400 mtrs plus so should be quite spectacular.

Bruce and I headed to the track for some serious Go Karting while not trying to embarrass the renters in the go slow karts toooooo much.

First off the mechanics do their thing and make sure we get out for some fast fast laps. They have a system of dropping us in at the end of renters times so that we usually get the track to ourselves for 10 minutes while the next lot of renters get dressed and instructed.


Taking of advantage of free time, this is me flying around the corner in front of the grandstand, while it was only my second day on the track I did manage some ok times. The best lap time for this cart is 30. something and I managed a 35 so was very happy with result. Look out if we get back I intend to make it a 29 second flat lol. The down side was I have ended up with bruised or cracked rib and my back is decidedly NOT talking to me.


We went out to a great restaurant "9th" which is on the 9th floor of a building in Patong. The food was great and the best pepper steak I've had in years but the vodka ice cream and orange salad soaking in orange liquor made for wobbly boots later that night. Unfortunately the back kicked in and Bruce had to do a run for the car to pick me up and bring me home for drugs lol.

Off on a boat trip today out to the limestone islands this afternoon and then we go back tonight so should be some good pics tomorrow. India tomorrow afternoon.

1 comment:

Hans said...

Going on a race track at your age hmmm. Remembers me at the old ladies in the tram, as soon you drive fast enough they decide to move and are always very surprised when they find themselves on the floor with a broken rib or hip LOL