Sunday, August 8, 2010


We are back at Lake Maraboon in central Queensland

Yes, the mountains are purple and blue and all those wonderful colours that you associate with the outback. It is a bit like coming home when you see the horizon, it somehow just makes everything seem right.

The weather here has been fantastic, around 25 each day will cool, no cold clear nights LOL. We had drinks with the boys who run the park last night and managed to call an end to the night before it got out of control LOL. Mind you we still have 3 nights to go and if things develop along the lines of last time then a very sore head is not far away.

On the house front everything is going to plan with all the inspections etc coming in good with no problems. 19 sleeps and it should be ours.

5 comments:

Hans said...

How did you guess it was for a Xmas pressy ??? LOL LOL But you are spot on and the pressy is for moi and only for moi. Of course, depends on the price, as I have already framed it in my little twisted mind and it will probably cost more than the painting itself LOL But somehow with "White man dreaming" I was always fascinated the way you put your thought with a bit of old paint you you got from the rubbish tip on a used T-shirt, probably found on the floor in club 80, or is it canvas ??? LOL LOL

DA said...

Nothing but the best for you LOL. I'm glad to see it will be going to a good home and alongside Stripped it will look great. :-)

Hans said...

It will look just out of this world, I always thought your painting are just made to come in croups or as a pair. May I have to get out with "Ned Kelly's Homestead" from James Egan, have send a photo to Ballarat to price it and we see what will come up. We may see the Penguins in the Antarctica after all LOL LOL Or may we have to wait till they close the lid on his coffin for good, after all he has his nap in the afternoon in one of those things

DA said...

Good luck with the Ned Kelly Homestead, the painting looks great, let me know what the price is LOL I might have to look at a price hike LOL

Hans said...

Haven`t heard from Ballarat yet, but it can takes month.
Would I let you know how much ? Of course my dear, as soon you tell me how much "White man Dreaming" is and the painting is paid, framed and on the wall here in Zurich. Would I let you know before and I shovel my own finical grave ? No way LOL LOL LOL