Friday, August 27, 2010

Almost there

Well the time on the road is almost over. Abbotsford settles today and it is a very strange feeling knowing that we can never go back to the house, but the obvious upside is that the new house should settle on Tuesday. We went out to the estate yesterday and met with the head caretaker and got to find out how everything works eg. electricity, grey water, rubbish, etc etc

He also informed us that Godzilla the 2 metre goanna lives on our  block so that is a treat awaiting us LOL. Also there are lizards galore, snakes (don't wander around at night without a torch), black cockies, millions of parrots, roos, wallabies and everything else.

The fishing is great off the rocks and he is going to show Ron the best spots so seafood should be high on the menu.

4 comments:

BJP said...

Seafood on the menu? I gather the caretaker is a fisherman as well. "The fishing is great" has a couple of translations based in which words you put emphasis on.....
1 : "I can get three hours to myself if I say I am going fishing".
2 : "I heard from a friend that a friend of their's heard that someone caught something bigger than a minnow three years back".
3 : "6 people have been washed off the rocks to their death in the last month but we don't like to talk about it because it might give the place a bad reutation."
4 : "I don't know why, but if you put a fishing rod in my hand my brain turns to mush and I will do and believe anything".

Hans said...

Sounds great to break the everyday fish with a goanna on the menu, the best recipe you get from fishery and wildlife and for smoked snakes try the Reptile park south of you LOL

Anonymous said...

We have organised to go out to Sapphire on the 11th September to pick up the new faceting machine,,hope this is OK with you, I will cut the stone as a priority on our return &, after setting it
up.

You will enjoy the summers up here(tongue in cheek)It only takes 2 summers to aclimatise,,,lol's

Cheers to Both
Greg & Merlind

DA said...

Hi Greg,

Tks for that and I am sure that we will love it up here. No rush on the stone just when you get around to it.