Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I'm Back
A BIG thank you to everyone in Melbourne for making my trip such a great time. Just to put things in perspective, the dinners were:
Ocha
Kuni's
THY THY 2 (twice)
Alba's
Ink
Florentino
Floflai
Tea House (City)
I am fast approaching the size of a house LOL.
Melbourne was living up to its reputation this morning. I was on the 7.40am (YES AM) flight and arrived at Tulla at 6.30 and check in went almost smoothly. I was a tad overweight on my carry on luggage and they were going to charge me $25 in excess weight which had to be checked through. I agreed to this and removed my book so I could read on the flight and this made all the difference, suddenly the weight came down to almost ok, so they just waved me through.
We boarded ahead of schedule as a fog was starting to settle and was rapidly becoming a pea-souper, when the captain informed us that we were listed as no 4 to leave but that could only happen if they had 500 meters of visibility (which I think is only far enough, I like to see where I'm going). An hour later we headed off to the runway and finally got airborne, only to be told that the airport was now totally closed to all in and out going flights, we just made it.
Rocky is sunny and 24, Ron was waiting and I think happy to have me home as the park has now become a retirement village with the average age heading into the 80's. Those dam Mexicans have arrived on mass.

1 comment:

Hans said...

lucky they didn`t put you on the scale. otherwise they would have called from Russia the Antonov AN- 124