Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Good Afternoon from Melbourne

Now we all know Melbourne is the entertainment capital of the world and that the shopping and food is the best in the Universe, but I have to tell you the weather SUCKS. LOL. I arrived on Saturday night and the temp was 5 with a small gale blowing (which would explain why for the first time in my life my flight arrived 20 minutes early). Sunday was an easy day - showers for most of the day, temp 14. I headed up to INK restaurant for a great dinner of Tassy oysters (Kilpatrick and Mornay) and a bug risotto YUM. Monday hooked up with Bruce and headed up to Warburton to visit DW and Peter. The winter garden is fantastic as is the new fern and Maple gully plus water feature, can't wait for another year when it has grown in. Dinner last night was at Abla's, Kibbies and the worlds best chicken rice Lebanese style. Today the weather has really turned. Top temp 12, rain, hail, sleet and I bet snow nearby - aaagh home again LOL

Ron tells me the Ahearns have all left the park and have been replaced by mexicans that have been crossing the border for the last 50 years to holiday at Emu Park, sounds like he will need resuscitation when I get back.