Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bonjour, Merci, oui oui, bonsoir, Parlez vous Anglis ?
(Excuse my bad french)


AAAAAAh yes we are in Montreal. We love it. Arrived this afternoon and the first thing you notice is that the language situation has moved from English to French as the first language. Luckily everyone so far has good English so it hasn't been a problem.


Sorry Di have to mention the hotel, it's truly amazing. No, not 5 star, not sure where you would put it, but it is definitely a contemporary art gallery hiding as a hotel. The art is wonderful, Warhols etc etc etc I will take pics and post them while we are here. Our room is immediately above the rider and horse and while it is not grand it is pretty dam good.

Walked around the old area this afternoon, restaurant spotting, bar spotting and it's great being back in a place that is almost exclusively french. Fillet mignons everywhere, coquilles st Jacques all over the place and of course frites to accompany everything LOL.

Now I know this is very sexist but I have to say Montreal has the best looking blokes and the best dressed so far. On the other hand the ladies seem to be letting the team down.

Off to Bistro Boris for dinner so will check in tomorrow.


PS. G'day gets a very strange reaction over here LOL but at our local bar already have us tagged on their computer system as aussies.




PPS. Pic from Niagara that Ron took, it's pretty self explanatory LOL Not what I was expecting when I made the booking.








5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oi- check out the reviews for Bistro Boris- you may change your mind about eating there once you read them.

Anonymous said...

and yes- I will be "anonymous" from here on in- why does Google think it knows my password better than I do?

DA said...

LOL I'm sure god lives in here and he knows all passwords LOL. PS you didn't compliment Hans on his direct hit LOL.

Hans said...

Di, I would not worry about the bad food at Bistro Boris. David stomach is used to very odd thing and it needs a lot before he gets food poisoning, in fact how can you poison somebody that is venom in person LOL LOL

DA said...

I could take offence at that, but then again - Ah