Monday, August 8, 2011

5 Sleeps
Yet another one of our pets coming over to wish us bon voyage, although if the truth be know I would much rather he/she stay right up high in the trees catching mozzies.

I almost walked into this one on Sunday when we went exploring the rain forest for more interesting
trees and this very large spider was just (and I mean just) above my head height and frightened the living daylights out of me. The trip was a major success as we found 5 python trees - the first we have seen fully grown. We have 3 just outside the house near the drive but they are only 3 inches tall.

Planning is almost done for Italy. I have booked accommodation in Florence and Hertz car, I am still tossing up over accommodation in Milan and awaiting confirmation of Lake Garda. We thought that we would only harass Hans and Roli for a couple of days before hitting the road for a week. That will give them time to pack and set off on their great trip without worrying about us LOL.

2 comments:

Hans said...

Never mind our worries.. First the Euro crisis, then bankrupt Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, than USA with ONLY a AA+ rating and on top of that you are hitting the road. As they say, a catastrophe never comes alone LOL LOL

DA said...

LOL you should talk to di, she is still blaming me for the floods last year and wants us to return to Melbourne - Standby Canada, US and Europe, oooops you can't possibly do any worse, can you LOL.