Thursday, January 21, 2010



Move over Cook
Yesterday we headed off on a voyage of discovery from Tathra. The weather was perfect, the sun beamed down and a light wind from the east. D'luded slipped into the river and the sail was hoisted and off we set. With peddles peddling and the breeze pushing us along we soon left civilization and headed into the great unknown. At 1pm we found an island to stop at for lunch and a quick drink only to find that someone had been there before us !!!!!!  Man Friday maybe.  We soon devoured our lunch and continued upstream in our voyage of discovery. At 2pm we came upon a totally new island in the middle of the river and as you can see we soon claimed it in the name of a queen, any queen will do LOL.

After many hours cruising along it was time to turn around and head for home - DISASTER we had failed to take into account that when you have a very very favourable wind on the way out, you have a very very strong head wind for the way home. Many Many hours later we finally got back to the truck, tired and sunburnt we headed home for a much deserved drink.

4 comments:

Hans said...

The place seems big enough to put up the "cruiser-flag" (patch) and the perfect Island for cruising without getting lost....... I hope LOL

BJP said...

I have discovered an agent for hobie canoes in Thailand, although only in Bangkok. Hopefully I will be able to get it organised so that instead of the hours on the exercise bike to keep my legs operating, I will be able to do the hours on the water. I expect the scenery would be an improvement on my lounge room.

Hans said...

Have just picket up "stripped and buried" from the framing shop. The owner said, " when I saw the painting the first time, I thought its a "Dali" I haven`t seen bevor. And I stored it in the shop for the first few days and everybody that knows "Dali" thought the same. After that I stored the painting in the safe just to be on the safe side"

Well DA, what more can I say, when even people that have a lot to do with paintings, believe for a moment they have a "Dali" in front of them.

KEEP PAINTING

DA said...

Ron just wants the money and believes it will be worth more if I am deceased - should I be worried!!!!!!