Sunday, January 3, 2010

Good Morning from a cold and wet Marlo.

New Year was a fun night down here with lots of drinks had and a great lamb spit at Scots. The night ended somewhat fuzzy as the champagne, pinot gris and savy blanc kicked in at the back of the ute next door, when I was getting to know the locals under the supervision of Julie (just to make sure I didn't do or say anything out of order LOL LOL). Sat morning was pretty ordinary though and the good weather decided that it was taking off as well, so here we sit trying to stay dry LOL.

Our hopes of the park emptying out this weekend seem to be unfounded. As soon as someone moves out someone else with children replaces them. As an example: surrounding us on the site on the right are 6 people, 3 tents, one caravan, 3 cars and a dog. Immediately behind is 3 tens, 2 cars, one boat, and entertainment area 2 adults and 4 children and on the left of us are 2 cars, a boat, three tents, and I cant keep count of the heads running in and out of the main tent. My understanding of park regulations is that there is a limit on overcrowding but maybe I'm wrong. At least in their defence they are all pretty good neighbours and don't cause us any grief.

The old crew up the end of the row have sprung us. As Julie and Bailey were walking past yesterday they were asked if we were Bailey's grandparents, Julie explained that we were the god dam god fathers and then they asked whether we were "Queens" !!!!!!!!!!   Julie hummed and harred and then came clean. I guess our trying to blend in failed LOL LOL. They are a pretty good lot and we have had a few good laughs on the way past with them.

This morning is overcast and cold so it might be off to do Gorge 72 today, cant spend another day sitting here waiting for it to warm up. Hans the new painting is about half done and I think you will love it. Bruce is sitting on the fence I think LOL. It's bright and busy and the result of a dream or as Ron says a nightmare LOL.

2 comments:

Hans said...

Good morning to the grandparents,LOL LOL. I like that one. Forgot your daily facial mask my dear ?? But at your age, its time to learn to handle polyester. The new stuff on the market holds almost a day, depence how deep your crakes are LOL Just ask me, I know all about the stuff. Just wondering what you have done that they sprung from grandparents to Queens ? May you should take the jeweler off before you wobble in your wheelchair true the park, it may helps LOL

DA said...

I dont wobble LOL well much