Friday, January 23, 2009

A Farewell from Griffith
We were sitting under the awning having our 5's glass of wine and admiring the sunset about to happen in the western sky. There was this strange noise from the north and we turned around to be confronted with this sand storm blowing into town. I managed to run out to the street and snap this quick pic before I was totally engulfed by the storm an didn't want to risk taking another pic as the lens on the camera would be getting sand blasted. We are currently in Hillston NSW excitement centre of no where. Nice park, we are the only van here at the moment, so you can work out that we are not exactly on the tourist route LOL We are however at the park that the work gangs for the Kidman Way stay at and they start work at 5am each morning, so the doors start slamming at 4.30 with the compulsory "G'day Mate" at 4.40am as they all climb into their utes and drive past us - a bit like the "summer Nats " in Canberra.

3 comments:

Hans said...

will pass the greetings to Roli. But this time he want get me on the skis again. Once is enough, even its quit a time ago. And since everything you need can be rented, he talked me into it. Well, I started at the "idiot hill" which is for children and beginners. Going to the ski lift, I started with falling off and it needed 2 guys to get me up on the feet again. Finally I almost was on the top of the "mountain" I thought better be ready for going off the ski lift in time, and fall off again. Only this time they had to stop the lift to get me off as the bloody skis got hookt somehow. Then down we had to go. When I looked down it was Matterhorn pure, doesn't matter if it was for children or what. OK, off we go, very slowly down and there was just one tree on the way and my skis could not make up their mind , left or right side and it just had to happen that I kissed and hugged the tree and nobody ever believed me I just had a close look for botanical interests. Anyway, the skis are SAFETY SKIS. And that means they disconnect from the shoes when you hit something like a stupid tree. Here I am without skis and had to walk down the hill, which is not as easy as it seems with modern ski shoes. Finally reaching the bottom of the "Matterhorn" the skis arrived a long time ago, I was greeted with the comment, "you looked like a overweight Julie Andrewsin in a winter version of The Sound Of Music"

DA said...

I want pictures LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, photos look great. the weather here has been about 26 to 29 degrees all week (last week was quite warm with the temp reaching 37) but nothing like what you're experiencing. It is noce to potter around the garden (bloody rabbits- at least the dogs are getting fat!).
We are painting the outside of the house and the gardens are starting to look like a real cottage. Paul is happy anyway.
I hope Xmas & the New Year thingy was warm and fuzzy for you two. Xmas was busy for us but the New Year was very comfortably quiet (just us two).
Not much else to report, just work and study preperations for me and work for Paul.
Happy Chinese New Year and all the very best Feng Shui for you on your travels.
Cheers for now, Nodddy & Paul